NEW YORK Little-known Thrivent Financial, a Minneapolis-based asset manager that offers financial services to Lutherans, is hoping its recent streak of outperformance will make it stand apart at a time when steep investor outflows are prompting a wave of mergers throughout the mutual fund industry.
NEW YORK High U.S. share prices are pushing Lipper Award-winning equity fund managers into the shares of beaten-down healthcare companies, retailers and emerging-market stocks that they say offer a greater chance for outsized gains.
NEW YORK Rising short-term interest rates in the United States are prompting Lipper Award-winning bond fund managers to add emerging-market debt and non-agency backed residential mortgages that they say offer more potential for gains in the year ahead.
* XMATTERS CLOSES $40 MILLION IN SERIES D FUNDING LED BYGOLDMANSACHS
- UPDATE 6-Qualcomm deals blow to Broadcom's bid with sweetened NXP deal
- BRIEF-Elliott Associates LP Says Now Have Combined Economic Exposure Of About 7.1 Pct Stake In NXP Semiconductors NV
- U.S. sells T-bills at highest interest rates since 2008
- UPDATE 1-U.S. top court rejects investor appeals over Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac