BRUSSELS European Union privacy regulators will discuss ride-hailing app Uber's [UBER.UL] massive data breach cover-up next week and could create a task-force to coordinate investigations.
Recent Technology News
MILAN Workers at Amazon's main distribution hub in Italy are planning their first ever strike for Friday, trade unions said, while they are also striking at six warehouses in Germany, threatening to disrupt one of the year's busiest shopping days.
MOSCOW Russia's foreign ministry said on Thursday that moves by Alphabet Inc's Google to place articles from Russian news outlets Sputnik and Russia Today lower in search results would amount to censorship.
NEW YORK A U.S. judge ruled that Uber can force an unhappy Connecticut customer's price-fixing case against the ride-service company into arbitration, after the customer said the proposed class action belonged in court because he never agreed to arbitrate.
BRUSSELS EU lawmakers overwhelmingly backed plans on Thursday to control exports of devices to intercept mobile phone calls, hack computers or circumvent passwords that could be used by foreign states to suppress political opponents or activists.
SYDNEY Amazon.com Inc's Australian arm began an order-taking trial on Thursday, giving life to the hype which has preceded its arrival in the world's No. 12 economy and weighed on the shares of the brick-and-mortar retail sector.
- Uber told SoftBank about data breach before telling public
- Asian shares off 10-year peak, China hits three-month low
- Chinese airlines court Cathay pilots facing pay squeeze
- May calls on EU to move with Britain to open Brexit trade talks
- CBS, Dish agree carriage terms; blackout ends
- Clariant snubs review demand as showdown with White Tale looms
- Peugeot-owner to use Opel site to assemble engines-Les Echos
- Monsanto says Mexico revokes permit to market GMO soy in seven states