TORONTO Canada's upper house of parliament on Tuesday approved a revised bill to legalize recreational marijuana, setting the stage for the country to become the first Group of Seven nation to legalize cannabis.
- Trump administration puts skimpy health insurance plans in place
- California deals with dementia among aging inmates|
- Pizza Hut pledges to drop some chicken antibiotics by 2022
- Denying it has lost war on drugs, UK rules out legalizing cannabis
- Good social media experiences don't outweigh bad ones for young adults
(Reuters Health) - People who suffer from posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other stress-related psychiatric issues may be more likely to develop autoimmune diseases than individuals who don't, a Swedish study suggests.
(Reuters Health) - Fathers' use of antidepressant medications around the time mothers become pregnant does not increase babies' risk of preterm birth, birth defects, autism or intellectual disability, according to a study in the BMJ.
(Reuters Health) - Severe obesity rates have been on the rise nationwide since the turn of the century, disproportionately affecting children and adults in rural communities, two U.S. studies suggest.
ZURICH/LONDON Swiss drugmaker Roche is paying $2.4 billion to buy the rest of Foundation Medicine (FMI) , raising its bet on the U.S. genomic profiling group's ability to personalize cancer care.