TOKYO KKR & Co LP has boosted its bid price for Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc for a second time, seeking to appease U.S. activist hedge fund Elliott Management which has bought into the Japanese semiconductor equipment manufacturer.
MOSCOW Russia's anti-monopoly regulator FAS said on Friday it had approved a deal to merge the Russian ride-sharing businesses of Yandex and Uber , with certain conditions.
Australian casino operator Crown Resorts Ltd said on Friday it is in discussions about its 62 percent holding in CrownBet, its online betting unit.
HONG KONG Chinese developer Guangzhou R&F Properties said on Thursday it will exclude one hotel in the deal with conglomerate Dalian Wanda Group, decreasing the number of hotels to be purchased to 76.
BUCHAREST Banca Transilvania , Romania's second-largest bank said on Friday it has reached an agreement with Greece's Eurobank to buy its Romanian subsidiary Bancpost and will sign the contract later in the day.
JAKARTA Indonesia's State Owned Enterprise Ministry, tipped to oversee an acquisition of a majority stake in the local unit of Freeport-McMoRan Inc , has "no clear structure" yet for the deal, a ministry official said on Friday.
STOCKHOLM Sweden's Fingerprint Cards (FPC) , whose ID technology is used in smartphones, said on Thursday it had been approached about a possible bid for the company, but added that it viewed the chances of a deal as low.
MEXICO CITY The stake held by Mexican state oil firm Pemex in the potentially lucrative Nobilis-Maximino deep water tie-up near the U.S. maritime border will be cut from 49 percent to 40 percent, an official at the company said on Thursday.
WARSAW Polish retail group Emperia said Lithuania's Maxima Grupe will announce a tender on Friday to buy all of Emperia's shares for at least 100 zlotys each, valuing the potential deal at around 1.2 billion zlotys ($337.96 million).
HONG KONG Chinese artificial intelligence (AI) start-up SenseTime Group, valued at more than $2 billion, is planning an IPO and aims to open a U.S. research and development center as early as next year, its founder told Reuters.
- Finance: Nykredit owner decides to sell stake, drop IPO plan
- Technology: Altice seeks up to 3 billion euros for Dominican Republic business: sources
- Healthcare: Exclusive: DaVita explores sale of physician network business -sources
- Consumer: Bunge widens executive takeover payout scheme after Glencore approach
- Energy: Aker ASA won't rush sale of oil services: CEO
- Industrials: Brazil pushes back decision on Bayer-Monsanto tie-up
- M&A: Russian competition watchdog gives green light to Yandex-Uber deal
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Bumech to file for restructuring proceedings
- IPOs: UPDATE 2-UK's 15 billion pound RBS sale to boost government coffers
- Private Capital: UPDATE 2-KKR sweetens Hitachi Kokusai bid a second time but under market price
- Hedge Funds: Cryptocurrency hedge funds top 100 for first time
- Regulatory: UPDATE 3-China police probe latest claims of childcare abuse
- The Big Question About Blue Apron's IPO - Forbes
- 4 Reasons Why Puerto Rico's 'Bankruptcy' Process Matters to US Residents - NBCNews.com
- China's private equity gains celebrity branding - Financial Times
- Boutique advisers crash M&A league table thanks to high fees - Financial Times
- Loose money raises the risks for private equity - Financial Times - Financial Times
- Ray Dalio, Billionaire Head Of World's Largest Hedge Fund, Slams Trump Over Paris Accord Exit - Forbes
- Buyout groups make final offer for Shawbrook - Financial Times
- Toyota dumps stake in Tesla as former partners become rivals - CNNMoney