NEW YORK, Feb 20 Some of the U.S. government'sshort-term borrowing costs rose to their highest in more thannine years on Tuesday as it raised $179 billion in the bondmarket to fund spending and make debt payments.
* PM says still no evidence backing allegation(Releads with defence ministry statement)
By Bruno FederowskiSAO PAULO, Feb 20 Latin American currenciesweakened on Tuesday as the U.S. dollar strengthened worldwideafter hitting a three-year low last week.Currencies from Brazil, Mexico and Colombiaweakened between 0.3 percent and 0.9 percent. The Chileanpeso was barely changed as profit-taking partiallyoffset the global upswing in the U.S. currency.Concerns that the United States could pursue a weaker dollarpolicy and by mounting worries about the
RIGA, Feb 20 Latvia's Defence Ministry said onTuesday that allegations against the central bank governor couldbe part of a disinformation campaign aimed at damaging trust inthe government and influencing elections due in October.
* Tabloid causes stir with report of dog as SPD member(Adds comment from SPD on dog)
NEW YORK, Feb 20 The U.S. Treasury Department onTuesday sold record amounts of three-month and six-month billsat the highest interest rates for these maturities at auctionsin more than nine years, Treasury data showed.
* U.S. Treasury yields rise, investors make room for hugedebtauctions
* Euro zone periphery govt bond yields http://tmsnrt.rs/2ii2Bqr(Updates prices)
* BLUE SKY URANIUM CORP - ANNOUNCES A NON-BROKERED PRIVATEPLACEMENT FINANCING OF UP TO 6.8 MILLION UNITS AT A PRICE OF$0.20 PER UNIT
LONDON, Feb 20 Britain's government is"steadfastly" committed to the Belfast agreement, Prime MinisterTheresa May's spokesman said on Tuesday, after several lawmakersquestioned whether the 1998 deal that ended 30 years of conflictin Northern Ireland was still working.
No related dividends are currently scheduled within the next 7 days.